Best eating disorder blog

Feeding Tubes: There not just for anorexics anymore!*

16 Apr

Looking to loose weight before the big day? A feeding tube – of course!

Brides Tube Feeding to lose weight

Just tell ole’ doc you want the K-E diet trick, and in the tube goes, and off come the pounds.

I’ve said since day one that our society is creating eating disorders, I am not sure there is another such blatant example of proof.  The fact that a woman would even dream this up is totally pathetic, and so ignorant it pains me. The lack of empathy and understanding for what a “real” ED is unreal. Further, the press is so coy in their reporting of such tragedies tangling up the headlines stating woman are “resorting” to this treatment – when in actuality if there weren’t such nutcase doctors collaborating on the ideas there would be no story to report on. And yes, by my writing about it, more women are going to do it.

In this case, its some dude named Dr. Di Pietro is proud to placing his name on the procedure. Here’s what the genius has to say according to the New York Times (who dubbed this story “The Hunger Games”);

“At first I decided not to do it for people who just want to lose a few pounds,” Dr. Di Pietro said. “But then I thought, why should I say 5 or 10 pounds are not enough? People want to be perfect.”

What exactly IS perfect Dr. P? Do you determine this or does your patient? Have you ever met a woman who actually reached her imaginary perfection? How about a woman who dropped over on you because you gave her such an unnecessary, vain, treatment? It’s only a matter of time as far as I am concerned.

Here’s Dr. P’s very strict requirements to be eligible for tube feeding pre-wedding:

1) Cough up $1,500 cash for the 10 day treatment. For this he does includes a screening and the equipment (I wonder what the screening is? Fog a mirror and have a detectable heartbeat?)

2) Feel confident enough to wear the tube in public.

“People think I’m sick, I’m dying,” said Ms. Schnaider, a watch wholesaler in Miami. She refrained from going into her daughters’ school. “The children, they would be scared,” she said.

How intuitive of you Ms Schnaider. I am sure your daughter will have no ill effects seeing her mother prance around with a feeding tube while jumping on the scale each morning in delight as another pound falls off your already trim frame (this poor, innocent, child is basically scarred for life, can you even imagine a child seeing their parent in this “chosen” condition).

See Ms. Schnaider in this video and you’ll see the size and shape of her body that just had to be 10 pounds lighter for her wedding day.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

The fact that we make a complete and total joke out of eating disorders is unacceptable, and in this case, what about individuals that have true health conditions that require them to be feed by tube? What are we saying to them — “Wow, that looks fun! Great way to loose weight huh!” Haven’t these people suffered enough?

We are a sick, sick country. And personally, I am so damn sick of it.

mV

XO

*The term “anorexic” is one utilized by the general public therefore I have used it in the headline for it to be understood. The correct terminology is “anorectic”

8 Responses to “Feeding Tubes: There not just for anorexics anymore!*”

1. Julie 16. Apr, 2012 at 12:24 pm #

This is just scary.

2. Ashley Pariseau 16. Apr, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

I agree this is scary, and just horrifying.

3. Amanda 16. Apr, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

Deplorable

4. keiko 13. Jun, 2012 at 8:07 am #

This is….confusing to me.

1- A (an?) NG tube does not prohibit someone from swallowing food.

So, what’s the point? If people are going to go on an unhealthily restrictive crash diet, why not sip on two Ensures each day? Does paying someone money, and the publicly “drastic” (appearing) measure provide the person the motivation to not eat food?

All this seems to be is an expensive and ridiculous will-power catalyst.

5. Dannette Placido 03. Nov, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Eating disorders are sometimes hard to cure. It requires a long rehabiliation time.;

My own, personal website

6. Elikapka 16. Feb, 2013 at 11:45 am #

Hello, first I’d like to clear things up, my sister DIED of anorexia a few years back. She had a Facebook and had plenty of friends. My sister was responding to a post. She said she was an “anorectic”. Then comes this troll named “SIOBHAIN” who I guess feels the need to jump on posts that have nothing to do with her. She tells my sister “How can you be anorexic when you can’t even spell it correctly”. So I am very glad you cleared that up. If she ever reads this she will know to shut up about very sick peoples grammar especially when THEY are correct. Thanks for this quote *The term “anorexic” is one utilized by the general public therefore I have used it in the headline for it to be understood. The correct terminology is “anorectic”. It will clear things up for all the non caring people out there.

7. Mason Arjes 04. Mar, 2013 at 3:14 am #

Anorexia nervosa (AN), characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight, an obsessive fear of gaining weight, and an unrealistic perception of current body weight. However, some patients can suffer from anorexia nervosa unconsciously. These patients are classified under “atypical eating disorders”. Anorexia can cause menstruation to stop, and often leads to bone loss, loss of skin integrity, etc. It greatly stresses the heart, increasing the risk of heart attacks and related heart problems. The risk of death is greatly increased in individuals with this disease.*

Please do browse our internet page
    <.http://www.foodsupplementdigest.com/vitamin-e-benefits/

• Stephanie 20. Apr, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Since when are feeding tubes ideal? I remember trying to pull mine out and being restrained. Feeding tubes are a sign that, “hey, you’re sick”. No effort on their part. Effortless weightloss. How is that fair?