Tell Your Story: What do you wish people knew about eating disorders?

Here is a video I recorded for a national effort to spread awareness for eating disorders, you NEED to get involved — if you are comfortable with exposing your self on video of course. Below is more detail on how to submit your video.

In this vid, I am responding to the question; “What do you wish people knew about eating disorders?” (I held it done to 4 min, but could have gone on for an hour, I am sure you relate).

Normal in Schools Instructions for PSA submissions

About mamaV

Former Paris model providing advice for eating disorder sufferers who aspire to be thin, follow the proana lifestyle, and lack self esteem.
This entry was posted in Activism and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Tell Your Story: What do you wish people knew about eating disorders?

1. Camilla says:

This is such a great video MamaV, you express everything I have always felt about EDs, the truthful, soul-destroying, experience, the lack of understanding and empathy from so many people (even those with good intentions) and the constant judgements, the pressure to recover because you know how many people you are hurting, but the hopelessness at the thought of it and the constant struggle in the process.

2. Kay says:

WOW! I absolutely related to everything you stated. I sometimes think alot of the “rudeness” or lack of compassion stems from a general lack of knowledge in the area of eating disorders. I wish people knew how badly we ourselves feel about doing this, and seeing loved one’s wrought with worry, etc. As I am a congressional intern this summer, i wanted to let you know that a resolution has been introduced on the floor in regards to eating disorder education in schools….support H.R. 36!!

(and I wanted to give you a special electronic hug, as this is the Kay that got busted on your blog many moons ago, and prompted my family to confront me right then and there….and for that, I am grateful, and just wanted to convey my gratitude.)

Warmest Regards,

3. Lamdas says:

What do you wish people knew about eating disorders? That eating disorders are not reserved only for 16-year old girls. Guys can get them too!!!

4. K says:

I want to do this! Is there a due date for it?

5. Mabel says:

It’s a constant struggle,24/7.Since opening eyes in the morning until trying to catch some sleep at night.People need to read more instead of attacking……

6. Alie says:

It’s so hard, just feeling like no one cares. When I was little, I wanted to grow up. Now I would do anything to just go back. No one understands you. And basically I do wish I could die