Ok, who saw the amazing debut of Steven Tyler’s new video on American Idol last night?
There we were, my husband and I, watching our fave show with our 11 and 8 year old children, when on comes this crazy whirlwind of clips of Tyler, first with chimps, then singing to a teenage girl who ends up slowly stripping throughout the video, intermingled with scenes of Grandpa Steve slapping around with Nicole Scherzinger.
What exactly is a parent supposed to say to their kids in this situation?
Isn’t there something wrong with promoting a 60 year old dude lusting after a teenager? (ok she is probably in her twenties, but c’mon!!)
It’s demented. It’s not normal, or reality, or cool. It’s just lame (and Anon just save your “you are just jealous” b.s. for another day because this is pathetic). And if you don’t think its pathetic, you are not a parent in your right mind.
Do you know what my kids said?
“Mama, this is really inappropriate.”
God bless America, how low can we go?
Remaining rants and questions;
- What’s up with the beginning shot of the makeup artist chick sticking her finger up his nose?
- What animal is Tyler’s little friend in the beginning — a seal?
- Love how he dresses on Idol actually, but the white women’s pantsuit with floppy hat is not cutting it.
- I mean seriously, did they cut this entire video together in a day or less?
- I think I am really pissed because I had really grown to like Steven as a judge on Idol, and I started digging his Aerosmith songs — but now I am left feeling embarrassed for the poor guy.
- I could not find ONE blog ripping the hell out of this video like I am, so I figure I am totally out numbered here but whateva, this is my space to let it rip.