Guys with eating disorders….lost in the shuffle.

About mamaV

Former Paris model providing advice for eating disorder sufferers who aspire to be thin, follow the proana lifestyle, and lack self esteem.
This entry was posted in Guys and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Guys with eating disorders….lost in the shuffle.

1. Pingback: Brand New Apple Travel Wall Charger for 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle – non-OEM | Apple Secrets

2. Lamdas says:

Thanks for the post. I appreciate it. So a million guys have ed’s? I thought me and former England Deputy prime Minister John Prescott were the only ones lol…

MV, just keep doing what your doing. Your awesome.

It’s a daily struggle. The fear of wanting to get rid of it all. And then feeling so bad after wards. But it’s getting better. It has to.

• mamaV says:

You are welcome Lamdas, I am so glad you reached out.

Now, surround yourself with people who are mentally and physically healthy, those who have better things to do with their lives than fret about what others think.

You will come out of this a stronger, more confident individual, and better for it all.

Love,
      mV

3. .C. says:

One of my best friends is a male with an eating disorder. I know a lot of what he is going through, but I still cannot help him really. I want to make him better, but I can’t.

.C.

• Lamdas says:

Just be there for him. If he calls you, call him back. If he texts you, text him back. And so forth. He’ll appreciate you for caring.

4. RedBullGuzzler says:

I’m an male bulimia sufferer. For me, my ED is perpetuated from pressure from school/advertising/fashion industry to be thin. I know at my school, boys have a let’s say f**ked up idea of what they should look like and what’s an appropriate way to eat! You could talk about how it’s harder for guys to come out about suffering from an ED – since as you say they’re commonly associated with girls. I know I’d find telling people about my eating problem, tough for that very reason!

• Lamdas says:

Only a few people know about my ed. I’ve danced around it with friends, claiming I have food issues and such.

The stigma is that ed’s are more connected with young girls and women. No one ever thinks that a guy has one. But we’re out there. Struggling but surviving.

• Dan says:

I’ve an ED. I wouldn’t say I’m under pressure to get thin, I feel under pressure to gain weight. I’m 5’8 and around 130lbs and I feel way too skinny. I don’t wear tees at all. I workout and eat obsessively. I think I suffer as much as people who feel they have to purge. I have panic attacks if I miss the gym. Life sucks. I need to workout and eat 6 meals a day, or else I feel like s***. I think there is also pressure on naturally skinny or ‘scrawny’ men to gain weight. And it’s a problem that’s very common. Just because it’s under the guise of a healthy lifestyle, it may be physically healthy but by no means mentally healthy. Just look at the amount of men pumping iron compared to thirty years ago. Our confidence has been seriously undermined by images of toned muscled men, who are by no means normal