Marie Claire dares to place an unairbrushed photo on the cover of their magazine. No one gives a rip, instead focuses on the fact that the model is nude.

I just went on a big long rampage on this story on WeAreTheRealDeal here (part 1) and here (part 2) , so I’ll give you guys a synopsis, along with some specific commentary I want to make specifically to this eating disordered community.

Here’s the gist of it:

1) Former Miss Universe, model Jennifer Hawkins poses on cover of Marie Claire.

2) Hawkins is commended by The Butterfly Association for her efforts to “raise awareness about eating disorders,” (how exactly, no one has been able to figure out).

3) Her unairbrushed photo* supposedly shows “a slightly dimpled thigh.” (I have yet to see it, so let’s do a Where’s Waldo to try and find it).

*a new concept in Magazine production where the model actually appears as a human being “as is.” No computerized program is used to eliminate any/all signs of life.

My point here is the following, which I need to spit out before I have a heart attack:

1) This model does not, in anyway whatsoever, represent the “normal, average” girl/woman — so don’t even START kidding yourself. We live in a demented world.

2) Why any eating disorder organization would make such commentary is totally beyond me. This pisses me off to no end, and I can not even imagine what those of you sitting there suffering with an eating disorder feel right now. I’ve sent this to The National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) for their perspective, lets hope they have some common sense to share.

3) The model herself states, “its not like I am a stick figure” as a response to the controversy brewing over her seemingly perfect frame. Well, I’ve got news for you Jennifer, you are a toothpick, and the thought that you could make girls and women feel better about themselves by showing off your “flaws” is preposterous. So much so ,that I wonder about your state of mind since your statement makes me think that you likely have a distorted view of yourself (body dismorphia). Perhaps the Butterfly Foundation can help you.

4) If you take anything away from this babbly post here it is this. The magazine industry is completely wrong, just dead wrong, as is the vast majority of the fashion scene.

Their one and only goal each and every day is to trick you into thinking you are fat and ugly, so you buy a whole bunch of beauty crap with your hard earned cash.

You are perfectly fine exactly how you are, exactly how God made you, and don’t let anyone tell you any thing different.

The models on the covers of this magazine, and others 1) have an eating disorder 2) are on drugs 3) are part of the 1%  of the population who are “naturally thin,” which does not last forever and is nothing to bank your life on.

Trust me on that one,

About mamaV

Former Paris model providing advice for eating disorder sufferers who aspire to be thin, follow the proana lifestyle, and lack self esteem.
This entry was posted in Fashion Freaks, Lame Ass Models and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Toothpick sized model wants to help those with eating disorders. I’ll pass thank you.

1. Shelly says:

Well, I am not as worked up as you. For one, I speak out about eating disorders and I am pretty thin. Even underweight, and I am not actively engaging in eating disorder behaviors. It saddens me that you are judging her when we are trying to raise awareness about accepting your body. I think it is counterproductive to go on a rant about someone’s body (calling her a toothpick) when you have no idea what her eating and workout habits are. I love what you are trying to do heather, but this posts is a little hypocritical. Let’s stop judging whether or not a person is thin, fat, normal, whatever….We are supposed to be working toward size acceptance.

• mamaV says:

Hi Shelly: I know you are actively engaged in the discussion at WeAreTheRealDeal (, but I wanted to respond to you here as well.

Do you see how the reaction here differs greatly from the reaction at WATRD? I believe it is because the perspective here is greatly different — the girls here are IN IT, just like you were in it, and we both know that in that state of mind you don’t think rationally.

This is not about the model being skinny, nor is it about the word toothpick (hey, this is a blog, words create a reaction, that’s the point).

This is about using her as a role model for body image issues when discussing “flaws,” and then those flaws are a joke…some wrinkled skin on her hip and nearly invisible dent in her thigh? C’mon!!

Have you not seen the efforts other mags have done lately?
      Glamour, now that is an obvious roll, amen!

VMagazine, airbrushed yes, but curvy voluptuous beautiful women:

Crystal Renn, celluite in lights:

Brigette Magazine, using no models, instead real people, what a concept!

Futher, in this case, the model herself did not even know they were not going to airbrush the picture. Huh? I thought the whole point was to “help” those with EDs? The whole thing is hokey.

Here is an example of getting real, how about Jamie Lee Curtis, no makeup, no airbrush showing how she really looks since she was always called “the closest thing to perfect,” after doing the movie.
      Jamie Lee Curtis
      Jamie Lee Real

Bottomline: I am not ripping on her body, that’s silly. I am ripping about the whole fakery surrounding this situation.

2. monika says:

I am so sick of hearing/seeing/reading this cr#$p in the media about “raising awareness” about eating disorders. So phony, so fake, so pointless and so clueless.
    These people have no clue what this illness is about.
    The best way they can help is to shut the %$&# up.

3. Aisling says:

I get the concept of raising awareness for eating disorders but big deal, why bother? It isn’t like cancer where if you notice the signs you can go to a doctor and they’ll cure you, shouldn’t people be fighting for a preventitive instead of raising awareness once the disease has set in.

I don’t believe this photo is completely unairbrushed her skin is flawless, and she only has one tiny wrinkle on her tummy, thats not realisitic and definitely doesn’t look unairbrushed.

Isn’t it ironic how someone who is trying to raise awareness about a cause they supposedly believe in comes out with a statement that has low self esteem written all over it. She clearly is suffering from some form of body issue, and to try and contradict someone when they call her thin, contradicts the cause she supports.

• mamaV says:

Hi Aisling: My thoughts exactly, and thanks for commenting on WATRD, they need to hear your voice over there because the perspective on EDs and body image is completely different.

This whole thing is a joke, and now its kicking the Magazine in the butt. The model herself probably had good intentions, except why the heck did she have to pose nude, it added an entire new problem for her, that is all the news is talking about now. Plus, just my view, but if you have self respect, you don’t take your clothes off.

4. Sarah says:

bitch is skinny. She doesn’t help me accept my body. I’m still a fat ass compared to her.
    As for her speaking out on eating disorders.. that’s cool, but don’t make yourself the cause’s covergirl if you’re still considered thinspiration on the internet.

5. myowndisaster says:

She is perfect. If she is flawed, I’m missing it. If she is flawed, I’m extremely and disgustingly flawed. I can’t believe anyone could think keeping her perfect body unairbrushed and pointing out her “flaws” is going to help anyone with an eating disorder. It definitely doesn’t. At all.

Also, raising awareness about eating disorders has nothing to do with what one looks like. How she looks doesn’t really matter, obviously to a certain extent (i.e. she probably shouldn’t be sporting an ed). However, what she says does. Her saying she isn’t that thin when really she is, isn’t all that productive. It just confirms what I’ve always thought. I’m not even that thin, I’m not “soooo sick”, and everyone needs to chill. I’m fine.

• mamaV says:

Hi myowndisaster: I am with you, we can both be extremely, disgustingly flawed together ok? :)

Pay no mind to this entire B.S situation, the mindset of fashion and media is so whacked out, that is why many of us find ourselves questioning ourselves and our woth.

6. Lis says:

I think she is a generally thin girl, but I wouldn’t call her a toothpick, per se. There are some definite curves there.

But by all means, I am in agreement that this entire charade does nothing to benefit eating disorders awareness/aid.

7. anonymous says:

I agree with Shelly. I have had anorexia for awhile, and I don’t condone it, but I managed to get myself out of what was very serious danger. I really don’t like getting into weight discussion because I think it’s counter productive, but to make my point, although my weight is not as high as my treatment team would like me to “ideally” be for my height- neither are a lot of other people’s weight who struggle on the opposite end. I think, well… there is no ideal. I gave up on ideals along time ago when it comes to this issue. I do what my shrink says, I do what my nutritionist says. I worked pretty GOD DAMN HARD to avoid going back into a hospital again. My team isn’t complaining and are happy with my progress. I work, I function, I live on my own, my physician says I am in the clear, and I have many friends.

I don’t know this model from a hole in the wall, nor do I have any intention of buying the magazine. I agree that having people like models who are not experts on the issue of Eating disorders and have no experience with it are not an appropriate choice to be speaking out on it. But, as I have said many times, while these images may fuel the fire for the ED afflicted- hence why I don’t read them anymore, Eating Disorders are so much more about very deep seeded complex emotional issues with compoments of self esteem, biological factors, and life traumas. I have time and time again tried to get Mama V to talk about this aspect of ED as she is always saying she is an activist on ED, but I have yet to see her really explore something other than the media as a factor. It appears that she thinks society’s obsession with beauty is the only thing responsible for ED. I disagree.

I also think that whether this model has an eating disorder or not, whether or not this ED organization was appropriate in their actions or not, MV’s comments are grossly judgemental and directed at a person who she does not even know without knowing anything about her daily eating or life routine.

The models on the covers of this magazine, and others 1) have an eating disorder 2) are on drugs 3) are part of the 1% of the population who are “naturally thin,” which does not last forever and is nothing to bank your life on.

MV- I worked in fashion magazine FOR A LONG TIME. I do agree that the industry is not productive to the Ed suffering, but it does not cause it. It may fuel it, which is why I left, but I have known and met an equal # of fashionastias and beauty queens in my life. Some who had ED, Some who had substance abuses issues, but also many who did not.

Your attack on this woman is totally out of line and unjustified. Not every model does drugs, restricts, or binges or purges.

8. anonymous says:

I guess I missed what she was trying to say. I didn’t realize she meant when she explained it to Shelly that the criticism was over her not being flawed enough but rather pretty close to perfect. I get it’s a bad example to the ED community and contradictory if accepting one’s flaws is the message.

But the fact of the matter is, and will say again, these things have nothing to do with the complex issues behind EDS. It’s not about flaws or being thin as another commenter said, and I think there is too much emphasis on this stuff being the cause of Eating disorders.

And I once again feel it is vastly inappropriate to go attacking people you don’t know anything about and generalizing them by slapping them into categories like druggies, and anna’s. It’s down right malicious. If your beef is with what the magazine is doing, then stick to that as your platform and refrain from judging people so harshly. You are always telling people not to judge people for being heavy. As long as someone is thin but not to the point where they are emmaciated, Anorexic, and in seemingly good health, then you have no beeswax attacking them.

Her comments were poorly worded- but you still should not attack her and label her as having an ed or anyone else as being an alchie or a druggie.

9. amber says:

this is really upsetting…girls are all gonna just think they aren’t trying hard enough, thats how it makes me feel. and she “isn’t a stick”? well if shes not thin im definitely not, so don’t i just suck. she could have at least lied and said shes always been this way, and that other women are beautiful. i think people have picked up the pattern that hardly anything offends me, but this does..its gross.

• mamaV says:

Hi Amber: You represent exactly what I am getting at here.

Your comments drive to the core of the problem, its not about the model, its about the statement that “wow she is showing her flaws” and I don’t feel like wasting my breath on this anymore because I could care less about convincing people of my point.

What I care about is you. I woman that sees this and thinks exactly what you are thinking. Do you know why? Because I would be thinking the same thing if I didn’t have so much psychotherapy to straighten out my body image!!! :)

This reminds me the Oprah thing, where she came out and said how horrible and fat she was for weighing 200 pounds. That set off everyone — because they compared themselves to her, and said, wow, if Oprah hates herself I should too. Kind of weird that this is getting such a different reaction.

But back to you kiddo. Please listen Amber ….the fact that you are here tells me you want change, or at least you are open to the possibility – am I right?

The best next step is to surround yourself with positive influences, find friends that love themselves, and accept their bodies flaws and all. Examine all your relationships (including parents) and be honest about whether or not they make you feel good about yourself or not. It’s your parents job to instill positive self esteem in you, and if they are doing that, or trying, maybe its time to tell them how you feel.

Turn off the darn TV and stop reading these crazy magazines…you will feel so much better. If that seems hard, take a 10 day hiatus and see how you feel.

What do you think about what I am saying? Am I full of it?

• amber says:

been here since you started, and this is my first response…. irrelevant but just mentioning.

yeah i go to therapy and i keep the publicizing to a minimum and i’ve gotten over enough of it that i don’t want to go back to the eating disorder but i still feel disgusted by society. i just don’t have the energy or drive to keep up anymore. God why people do, i don’t understand… as a side note: ya know how the news has turned into TMZ? well i watch it every morning before school, and we’ve run out of things to nit pick about so we’ve moved onto hair. While the broadcaster was talking about whats-her-names new blond hair extensions, he threw in “who cares. GO AWAY” and i thought it was the funniest thing. people really are getting tired of this crap! and i wonder if this is a revolution, if the hierarchies which are known as “celebrity” will acknowledge it! we MUST be the majority by now.

10. sarah B says:

I agree that she is thin, though in no way a toothpick or too thin. Nor would I say looking at her photo would make me feel badly about myself. She looks healthy, not emaciated. If someone wants to raise awareness about eating disorders (I realize it’s still in question how she is doing this) then good for them! It doesn’t matter what their size is. Obviously if someone is in the throws of an eating disorder, they aren’t going to wake up one morning and decide to raise awareness about it. None of this matters, though. The feeling I am getting from you MamaV, is that you need to be overweight to raise eating disorder awareness? And that’s not healthy either.

• mamaV says:

Hi Sarah B: I am not in anyway saying that in order to raise eating disorder awareness, one needs to be overweight, I am sorry I gave off this impression.

I consider myself to be an ED activist, and I am of normal weight. We all have body image issues, its cultural, its built into the media and fashion industry, so at times it seems there is no escape. So that is why I do what I do.

Everyone is all riled up because I called her a toothpick, I’m a blogger, I use words for reaction.
      Exageration? Of course.
      Do I have something against this model? Absolutely not. I commend her for wanting to help raise awareness of eating disorders, and I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt that she is sincere about it.

This isn’t about her. This is about our societies perspective. Does that make sense?

11. amber says:

i’d also like to add: these people are rich enough, why can’t they afford cloths? i’m by no means conservative. i’m aware it’s not a big deal to be naked, but why is EVERY cover, of EVERY magazine, sold in all kinds of different stores, plastered with naked women? can’t we save it for the spread pages?

it’s like giving it up on the first date, lets show some class. nobody calls back a hussy.

12. Nats says:

If she has flaws then I must have thousands of em! Makes me feel like if she isnt good enough then I never will be if I am honest

13. anonymous says:

Like I’ve said many times, I try to make a conscious effort to avoid this stuff. I know none of us can ever avoid disturbing things like thin models or other contraversial stuff in the media; that is utterly impossible. But I have to wonder whether or not MV bringing this to everyone’s attention is making people who are really struggling with body image feel worse? If I pass by magazine covers of stuff like this, sure, will I get pissed for a minute and think, OMG she’s so thin, (I am talking in gerneral- not about this instance specifically)I simply just soldier on and go about my business and don’t let it get to me and go into a tizzy like MV does. Why? Because I can’t afford to. Because I have bigger fish to fry, places to go, people to see, and things to do. There are always going to be things in society that are unjust and morally and ethically wrong. THAT’S LIFE. Why the need to dwell on it? Perhaps I am wrong, but it appears to me that people on here are more worked up over this contraversy when their main focus should be on their own health and recovery- not some stupid magazine. My main problem with this whole story is less the story itself, but how quick MV was to judge people that if they are thin, then they are drug addicts or anorexic. So, if you are overweight- are you just lazy and lack discipline and sit on your ass all day eating KFC?

• amber says:

then why are you here…?

• anonymous says:

What I am trying to convey is that this whole debate is not about me or my ED issues. It’s about does MV need to advertise and raise attention to an issue that’s only going to get people heated who may not have even known it exsisted before she brought it up? It’s not productive to people with ED’s, in my opinion. And she has yet to apologize for stigmatizing people she does not know by labling them as drug adducts or Eating disordered.

• Nats says:

And what about those who knew this existed and wanted to talk about it, somewhere where they will not be judged for doing so, where should we go then?
          And I am sure she will apologise to those people if they contacted her explaining that she has upset them but I am sure that they will not come along and say so. Or are you suggesting that she writes an apology now because you and maybe others thinks she should? Sorry but it seems that you are coming here to try and stop freedom of speech by those who want to have their voices heard. Also, please correct me if I am wrong but having just re-read the post I do not see anywhere that mamav called anyone a drug addict!

• amber says:

so when you have anorexia, leave society, and gouge out your eyes.

will do.

14. anonymous says:

Anyone can talk about whatever they want. I do. And I’ve never had anything against free speech. People can say whatever they like. I can’t stop them nor am I trying to, so you are dead wrong about me trying to stop free speech. But just because people have the right to free speech, doesn’t mean I have to agree with their view. There is a very big differnce between being opposed to free speech vereses disagreeing with what someone’s opinion is when they exercise that right. Sometimes I think she words things the way she does to be provocative, but there is a point when it goes too far and can get out of line. In my view, her words, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the original post, are:

Trust me on that one,

She may not have used the word “DRUG ADDICT” but it’s clear that she was implying that if you are a skinny model then it’s due to drugs or and ED. That’s simply not always true. Of course they aren’t going to say anything to her about it. But on principle, I think the comment was very presumptious and she should acknowledge that rushing to judgement and stigmatizing people who may be underweight are all eating disorded or have a drug problem. She’s always ranting about how over-weight people are stigmatized… but it’s ok for her to stigmarize others when the situation is reversed. It’s extremly hypocritcal, in my opinion, and yes, I think she should apologize on here but I doubt she’s going to.

15. anonymous says:

Amber, no one is saying leave society and gouge your eyes out.

It’s about making an effort to try and stay away from negative influences, even though they will always exsist on some level. Think about it the same way you would in the words of Oprah like when she advises people to get rid of toxic friends who bring you down. Yeah, they still exsist in the world, but the choice to have a friendship with them is yours and you can control the amount of interaction or contact with them, the same way that while people with ED may not always be able to avoid society’s disturbing images of thin models and the pressure to be thin, they don’t have to feed into it by buying them or reading them.

If they want to, well, then their right. But I think you get what I’m saying. Focus on being the best one can be and recovery- not about some random model on a magazine. I don’t agree that the media industry does this, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making an effort to try and change it, but if it never does, sometimes, you have to fight the battles you have the ability to win, and that one for me is doing my best to beat my ed, and not having outside influences control me allow me to make me feel bad about myself. These images really don’t bother me, because I don’t pay attention to them or dwell on them. But what does very much bother me is the judgemental comments that Mama V made about all models being anorexic or on drugs. That’s just not fair.

• amber says:

its about dealing with society and coping healthily. you have a crappy friend? okay, ignore their calls. but for someone with anorexia staying away from the problem means not going to school, not watching tv, not going on blogs, and being isolated. i think you’re so angery about what heather’s saying because you desperatly want to believe size whatever models can be that thin and eat like a horse. less that 1% of the population can, and hardly any percentage of the women in the united states alone, are models. why shouldn’t she say it when its so likely to be true?! should we tell people “oh, not all smokers get lung cancer” or “excessive drinking doesn’t ALWAYS cause liver damage”

by bringing it up we’re making the industry aware of our revolt. you never know who stumbles onto a blog and maybe, someone will read and decide the consumer wants to see something different and more real. why should we remain silent, and never take that chance?

• anonymous says:

Sorry, but I don’t agree that having anorexia means that you have to isolate yourself and never socilaize around food and crawling under the covers. Yeah it’s hard, but if you have the right support system and in recovery, you uttilize that support system to cope with the anxiety.

Just like I don’t think being an alcoholic means you can never go out to a party where alcohol is served. I know many alcolics who deal with this every day. I am not in school anymore, but I go to work, I read blogs, I watch TV, and I eat out with friends. I pass fashion magazines all the time and just shrug it off. I don’t let it get to me. If you feel that having anorexia means you have to isolate yourself from the world then I am not judging, but perhaps you are at a different stage than me.

Anorexia is not my identity. It’s something I have that I fight daily, but I do not let the media images control me or determine, if I see a thin model, I’m going to let that give me a shitty day.

I have many, many people I have known who have been through a great deal of physical trauma… inlcuding people who never touched a cigarette in their life and have died of lung cancer- ummm…one of my favorite teachers in Junior High to be exact just two weeks ago. I have known people who have died of kidney and or liver failure due to heriditary illnesses that never touched a drink in their life too. I have a five foot 8 female friend who is 4 years older than me in her late 30’s dying of breast cancer right now and under 100lbs because she is so sick from chemo.

Your projections of what I think are compeletely off base and have more to do with your own beliefs than mine, in my opinion, but I could be wrong about that. It’s just my perception of how you are coming across to me.

“I think you’re so angery about what heather’s saying because you desperatly want to believe size whatever models can be that thin and eat like a horse. less that 1% of the population can, and hardly any percentage of the women in the united states alone, are models.”

I seriously don’t have time to get angry or desprate about anything like this. If you have read anything I have said, I live my life and don’t let it get to me. I don’t even follow fashion models- nor did I even hear anyhing about this at all until she posted it.

But what truly does gets to me is not this model and how she does or does not look, ( I honestly could give a shit) is strictly based on principle that MV is immediataly jumping to the conclusion that someone whose physical ailments or appearance is always the result of an eating disorder. The point you are missing that I am trying to make is that it is my personal and moral belief that it is not right to make blanket judgements about ANYONE if you don’t know the individual.

Liver failure- probably too much sauce
        Lung cancer- Probably too many ciggies
        Skinny- probably anorexia.

Her comments have zilch to do with your false accusation about my belief that every thin model does not have an eating disorder, but more about human compassion and acceptance and not judging others when one is not aware of an individual’s physical health status. MODEL OR NOT. Last time I checked, she is not an MD doumenting their medical charts.

Many of my friends who have suffered from the dibilating conditions listed above know that I have had an eating disorder but their specific conditions were not related to a mental illness, and they often struggle with feeling stigmatized and catorgized by their physical ailements that we generally associate as a society with only being the result of an eating/ substance abuse/ nicotene problem. It’s not right to just trash someone’s profession that they are the way they are simply because her own did. Not every model falls into an eating disorder, not every adult child of an alcoholic becomes one.

The stakes may be greater, but to come out and say that is always the case is in my view, unfair.

16. Nats says:

Im sorry but you claim that we are what was it now? oh yeah missing your point, well maybe just maybe you are missing ours? We are simply stating that mv should not have to apologise for what she believes, she shouldn’t have to as she is allowed her own opinion as are you, me, Amber everyone. It sound like you are saying that because YOU think this is unfair that she should post an apology about it. What then? Say for example that she posts an apology, what then? What will that actually change other than for you to feel like you have done the right thing? Thats like me saying to you that you feel that people with eating disorders could help themselves far more with staying away from things such as TV or magazines whatever, and then making you apologise for it, I may not like it, I certainly 100% do not agree with you on that but I am not sitting here saying you need to post an apology as people may not have seen it until I brought it up!

On this site we are all about making change, we make change by saying things others might not want to hear, showing things that they do not want to see, but what shall we do instead?? log off our computers and think oh no, best not talk about that, we might draw attention to something that others have not noticed?? This is what mv and us are trying to do, we want people to take notice, good or bad opinion, either way, its noticed and that my friend is what its all about.

by the way, if you feel I am wrong about anything I have written above then please feel free to let me know x

17. anonymous says:

I don’t have a problem with her opinion or how she feels about it. She can think whatever she wants to as I can whether or not people agree with it or not.

My problem with her is not her opinion on the story, but how she attacked an innocent woman who is simply trying to promote a good cause. You must realize that when celebrities give magazines interviews, they don’t have a lot of control on how the editors spin the story. I’ve known countless instances from working in magazine publishing where celebs gave interviews for spreads and were not happy with the way the writer wrote the piece.

I understand completely why she doesn’t like what happened here- whether I agree with it or not. I actually do see her point that they did not pick a model who represents the average size woman- but this model is just trying to make a living and promote a good cause. If MV is angry about the story, then I feel she should take it up with the creators of it, and not attack this woman.

Maybe she did take it up with the editors, but I didn’t feel that attacking Jennifer was appropriate and uncalled for. If you read some of the posts on MV’s other site, a woman from the Butterfly foundation and many others blasted her for doing so and called her hypocritical. I agree with what Shelly said- she claims to be a body image activist leaning towards size acceptance, but then blasts someone because their shape is too perfect. I also agree with one of the other posters that she gives off the impression that everyone who is on the thin side has an eating disorder and unless you are overweight, then you have one. She does come off that way again and again.

Again, I understand her argument about this piece, but feel that the way she addressed it is wrong. Perhaps an apology is not the right word- I guess what I am saying is that some acknolwedgement that she was inappropriate to judge and attack this woman is warrented, but I know she isn’t going to do that. Based on her responses on her other site, she blatently defends that attacking Jennifer was totally appropriate and acceptable. I understand that a lot of girls on this site who saw that picture were very upset by it. I wasn’t one of them. But you also have to understand, many people on this site are still in the throws of their eating disorder and have a distorded perception of themselves so they are going to be more sensitive to this kind of stuff. Jennifer is the way she is, and Mama V has no idea whether or not she has an eating disorder, so she shouldn’t have come out and implied that she had one. Mama V shouldn’t expect her to be responsible for other people’s struggles with their bodies. Does this make sense?

18. Annon says:

She’s far from a toothpick!! She looks quite the healthy size to me.