Nike Ads: Big Butt & Thunder Thighs

Beautiful.

You gotta read the copy. All of it. Go here to view full screen.

Thanks LM for sending :)

This entry was posted in Body Image and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Nike Ads: Big Butt & Thunder Thighs

1. Hillary says:

This made me sooooo happy.

2. tk says:

this just made my day
    (=

3. Araea says:

I triple love this! I saw this a while ago in a magazine and thought, “why can’t the world be more like this”

4. prettyshinythings says:

JUST LOVE!!!
    Instead of patronising like the dove adverts, this makes me respect my body for all the hard work it (occasionally) does down the gym.
    Doesn’t excuse the usual ethics of Nike though…

5. Cirsty says:

I think this is absolute genius.
    It’s about time something like this was made!

6. pageantL says:

Dear MamaV, this is offtopic but have you heard of the “banana bag” diet?

7. Tina says:

I’ve been living in Argentina long enough to look at that butt and think it’s a totally normal butt. :-)
    Living in South America has made me doggone proud of what I’ve got back there! And so does this picture :-)

8. Alex says:

Haha, this is great. I especially love that one on buts “And those who might scorn it, are invited to kiss it”
    Brilliant XD

9. pocomommy says:

Showing my age, but Nike used to run a print ad back in the 1980s that read:
    “A woman is often measured by the things she cannot control. She is measured by the way her body curves or doesn’t curve, by where she is flat or straight or round. She is measured by 36-24-36 and inches and ages and numbers, by all the outside things that don’t ever add up to who she is on the inside. And so if a woman is to be measured, let her be measured by the things she can control, by who she is and who she is trying to become. Because as every woman knows, measurements are statistics, and STATISTICS LIE.”
    I had it laminated and keep it up to remind myself.

10. Sarah says: