Risk your vision for creepy eyelashes?

I stumbled upon an ad for "Novalash" this weekend so I went to check this product out online.

Novalash will give you the "lashes nature should have given you," and its the only FORMALDEHYDE free lash extender (yep, that's embalming fluid).

Plus, this product is completely safe because it can only administered by professional who has completed a rigorous, mind blowing, 8 hour training session. Whew, now that's dedication.

We warned though, some minor complications can occur…such as LOSS OF VISION, or damage to your eyelids, but don't let that stop you, you must be like the the nut job Hollywood stars. Sacrifice anything for vanity girls.

I am going for the candied "Pink Lemonade" style, how about you?
-mV

This entry was posted in Plastic Surgery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Risk your vision for creepy eyelashes?

1. jenny says:

It’s a lot of risk for something that only lasts two weeks, isn’t it…

2. Carrie says:

It seems the “loss of vision/damage to eyes” bit seems to be attributed to if someone were to do it by themselves, or if they were not trained to do this. The site never really specified so we wouldn’t know.
    In any case, I’m not interested in getting super-long lashes. My own llama-lashes brush against my glasses; I don’t need extra wipers to help me with that.

3. mamaV says:

Hi jenny: They are supposed to last 6-8 weeks….but even then – would you risk your eyes for that??
    I wont even do the laser surgery because I am paranoid something will happen.
    mV

4. mamaV says:

Hi Carrie: On the optimistic side, yes, the eye damage is unlikely. But these “professionals” train for 8 hours and then start gluing these things on to people. Not exactly training if you ask me.
    mV

5. smudgeruk says:

If you can’t be bothered to apply a bit of mascara and curl your lashes whenever you want, jeez…

6. Emily says:

Same goes for Latisse. You risk losing your eye color permanently and if I call correctly there are other risks that make the “chance” (latisse was not originally made for the purpose of longer/fuller/darker eyelashes) product.
    I work for an organization that testified against the product before the FDA.
    Craziness.

7. kay says:

wow, this is scary to me as someone who used to do beauty pageants (yes sadly i lived up to the southern stereotype) and my nana had me in false eyelashes because she said it would make my eyes “pop”…wrong word to use after reading this…pop as in adios, possible no more eyesight..geez
    and the “oh so rigorous 8 hr. training” that scares me, because if anyone has ever been to training, we all know that conferences and training are where people hone their doodling skills…i’m just saying..:)
    scary stuff

8. Vanessa says:

it’s things like this that make me glad I’m such a scrub. Even when I dust myself off and make myself presentable I’m light years away from using anything that contains formaldehyde.

9. Kelnius says:

As a guy, I gotta say, I don’t get the eyelash thing. I agree with . . . er, forgot the name, whoever said that it should probably be done professionally. People always will find a way to screw up: for nothing is foolproof to the talented fool. But if there’s any inherent danger with these eyelash things, don’t bother. Even if the risk is as small as that you’re big toe on your left foot will shrink 1 mm. The big eyelash look is overrated. The same effect, of accentuating ones eyes, can be achieved with cheap mascara, and the cheap mascara effect can be done with vegemite spread around your eyes.
    And if you’re walking around with big eyelashes, you’re more likely to creep someone out than to look ‘fashionable’. I’ve always thought women should go natural, makeup-wise, unless they’re dressing up for themselves. It seems to me a little dishonest to wear makeup. Feel free to prove me wrong however, I am talking about something I know near to nothing about.