Fight the good fight!

I was going to send in a donation to the National Eating Disorders Association, but then I thought it would be cool to send in a group donation. Especially since the funds will be matched, dollar for dollar by a NEDA anonymous donor!.

If you choose to donate please post a comment here telling us why eating disorders matter to you. I am going to send to NEDA all the personal stories we collect along with our donations.

To join in the giving, click the donation widget on the upper right of the blog now! You will be directed to PayPal* to donate, no amount is too small - hey if we all chip in just 5 bucks we will rake it in for a cause that is so near and dear to our hearts.

If you are not familiar with NEDA, check out their web site.Of all the eating disorder organizations, I have the most respect for their work. They are constantly striving to improve their services, and they are fully engaged in research. Best of all, their CEO Lynn Grefe is a pistol! She is never afraid to express NEDA's stance on issues, check out her comments on stick thin fashion models,wow!

I hope you will join me in this effort. One thing I have learned about giving to charitable causes is you can't wait and say to yourself "can't afford it, I'll do it next time" – both are b.s. excuses.

The best part is about giving? It will never, ever fail to give back to you in ways you never imagined.

Trust me on this one,

-mamaV

XOXO

*Note: On PayPal, you will see the name "McGaw Group, LLC" as the company you are donating to, this my business account. I will report back to everyone the totals we raise.

This entry was posted in Random Thoughts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Fight the good fight!

1. Ella says:

What a beautiful idea! I bought a lot of things from the Butterfly Foundation and Eating Disorders Foundation NSW shops here in Australia for people this Christmas.
    Can’t wait to hear how much you raise!

2. Sarah says:

I was bulimic and anorexic for 3 years. I have this theory that since I have had an eating disorder before, I can sense when other people are going through that. Today at the department store where I work part time, I checked out a girl who I knew had an eating disorder. I wanted so badly to tell her she was beautiful and loved, but didn’t have the guts. I cried when she left. I donated for her, and everyone else who is suffering from these terrible disorders.

3. mamaV says:

Hi Sarah: Thank you for telling your story. I have been in that same situation as you….on the brink of approaching someone and then I chicken out and I kick myself for it.
    It’s really neat that you donated on her behalf. Your good karma will be sent her way.
    Thanks for getting us started on donations!
    mamaV
    XOXO

4. Catherine says:

Western society keeps women in a struggle to identify themselves by reinforcing a declaration that they lack the depth to truly soul-search. The women caught in between, the ones who are unable to fall into denial and stay passive, often inadvertently turn inward against themselves for society’s failures and end up with eating disorders.
    I wish I knew how to combat that more forcefully, but I do not. The best I can do is provide economic support to people that may be able to make the changes I want to see.
    Because if such changes are not made, society collapses. These strong women who understand that the way society functions is wrong are the innovators that are needed to make things right. I want to be helped, I want all of these struggling women to be helped, so that they can help US by showing their truly brilliant colors.

5. Ella says:

I often want to approach people…regardless of their size, it’s a look they have in their eyes.
    I’ve never done it, I know I’d feel awful if someone said to me “You’ve got an eating disorder” while I was out and about, especially when I try so darn hard at this ‘recovery’ thing…I just want to be normal and inconspicuous.

6. tammy says:

this is a great idea–I am donating for my daughter–who is in recovery–almost there and so beautiful and courageous for fighting. I think those of us who have battled through( either personally or alongside a loved one)”know” when someone is stuggling. My daughter is 15 and I pray will leave it behind>

7. Thank you Tammy, we will all pray for your daughter. Nothing is more important than having a parent by your side, she is so fortunate to have you!
    Happy Holidays!
    mamaV

8. twistsis says:

I have made a contribution too. Although I have receipt, its not changed on here yet.
    TS

9. tammy says:

mamaV; thank you for that–sometimes I don’t think she knows what her parents have gone through–and I know it isn’t about us–but some days it is really hard when she thanks everyone but us.