Gift Idea: "Sassy" Heels For Your Infant!

Essential items for fashion-conscious parents — high-heel shoes for their BABIES.

The tiny designer footwear comes in a choice of garish colours, from bright pink to leopardskin. The shoes, made by US firm Heelarious, are being snapped up faster than they can make them.

Aimed at little girls aged up to six months, the “sassy heels” are described as bringing “fun, hilarity and glamour” to dressing up.

“Little girls can get a jump start on their strut and be top-models-in-training before they leave the crib,” stated Bobbi Thomas on the TODAY Show

OK, I was iffy on this. The quotes from Hollywood are outrageous but that is to be expected. I mean it's kind of silly and seemingly innocent when looking at the cherub in pink above posing on one of the companies promotional photos.

But then, I watched a segment on the TODAY show and decided this belongs in the total psycho category. Here is a screen shot of Ann Curry of NBC holding a baby with these shoes on.

I'm sorry but this is freaky. Who is with me?

P.S I personally like the zebra pattern, add a matching bra and thong and that would be HEEL-arious (could the company name be more lame!?)

This entry was posted in Fashion Freaks and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Gift Idea: "Sassy" Heels For Your Infant!

1. sannanina says:

Why oh why is there a need to dress babies and toddlers gender specific anyways? (Not even to mention “sexy”, even if it is meant as a joke.) If little girls at some point get old enough to ask for pink clothes – fine. If they like to try on their mothers shoes and jewelry – fine also. But this will happen soon enough for a number of them anyways, either because of societal influence or because of inherent gender differences, or – most likely in my opinion – because very small gender differences get magnified by society. However, to foster this by dressing babies in high heels is just creepy.
    (Also, I am a grown woman, and I like some kinds of very feminine clothing although these clothes are unfortunately quite hard to find in my size. I still refuse for the most part to wear high heels – simply because they are neither comfortable nor healthy to walk in. What kind of picture of femininity do we subscribe to if we start dressing babies in shoes that would not be healthy to walk in, even if these shoes are just mock-ups that are not meant for walking?)

2. Mari says:

I’m a little bit reassured by the fact that the heels are stuffed, and not actual heels. It’s really scary how people are able to encourage girls to be sexual beings at such a young age. They are babies! Babies need little knit booties, and sweet shoes with animals on the top of them. Not heels. They’ve got enough time for heels as they get older, let them be BABIES.

3. naomi says:

ok, seeing them made my iq drop by 15 points, 5 for the idiot designer, and 5 for the people who bought them and 5 for the parents who allowed put them on the infant. if the parents are the same as the ones who bought them, then the iq drop is even steeper to 40 points.

4. Michelle says:

That can not be good for the growth development of an infant’s feet.
    The point of having soft booties and what not for infants is to give their bodies the ability to grow properly.
    I can’t wait to see these little girls’ feet in oh 3 or 4 months when they are trying to learn to walk. Their feet will indubitably be screwed up.
    I feel sorry for them.
    Heels hurt my feet, and I’m almost 2 decades old.
    I can’t imagine how much pain these little girls will be in as infants.

5. kay says:

Kay says…
    Wow mama, this is absolutely outrageous, i mean seriously, i wear heels everyday but i am 22 and i started wearing them in my teen years…I don’t think you need that much practice to start THAT soon…lol..
    This is psychotic, what is going to be next…mama can’t you just see the signs on the wall?? baby botox, ot toddler trimmer tights and undergarments…i mean really..i am with you!!
    here is a link to real shoe innocence: my cousin jayla playing in my boots!!

6. Rachel says:

Seriously? Really? Hells for INFANTS?! Why, why, WHY do infants need to be sexualized so young?! It’s just not right.

7. Rachel says:

8. Lia says:

I’m torn between nomen est omen and outrage. Seriously, heels for babies?
    I guess I like wearing heels, but I’m old enough to choose. The poor thing in the second photo looks decidedly unhappy.
    OK, I’ve settled. Babies wearing heels are gross. Those shoes take away all the cuteness that’s inherent in tiny babies.

9. kat says:

Yep. Those are creepy.

10. Gabi says:

ok so im possibly the only one who thinks this is cute. They are soft shoes so babies feet can grow. They cant actually walk on the heels… and lets be honest here. The babies arent exactly going to remember the shoes.
    However having said that its not so cute on the baby wrapped up in a blanket sleeping… that was disturbing but when youve dressed your baby up for a party or something its cute!!!!!! i dont think the designers had any intention to do any kind of harm here..
    i can remember as a little girl walking around in my mums heels and i would have loved a pair!

11. eshoe says:

ewwww is all I can muster up right now.