Life as it is.

Become Your Dream, Spanish Harlem Graffitti Artist, James De La Vega

You Are Remarkable Blog

From the room of enternal optimist mamaV:

The question is not what you look at but what you see.

The point? Cram your head with positive thought. Trust me – it works.

Believe, Conceive, Achieve.

This entry was posted in Life Perspective and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Life as it is.

1. smudgeruk says:

Hey MamaV,

I love that Kerouac quote, haven’t seen it for a long time, thanks for reminding me about it!

I’ve always valued it in a “tongue in cheek” kind of way. I’ve received psychiatric treatment on and off for being a slightly different type of “mad one” from that described in the quotation… 😉

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom like that, and bounce back up again, before you can really, truly appreciate some things in life…

2. mamavision says:

The line is fine- very, very fine. Sometimes I wonder what side of madness I belong on , you know?

Keruouac always seemed like a poser to me, but when I saw this quote I started liking him. My husband is a huge literary freak and he read alot about the story behind “On the road,” – turns out Jack was rather freaked out and disapointed by how he was turned into this big Beat Poet star by the good ole’ media.

I found that interesting and refreshing, I guess the media played their games back then just as they do now.

You are right about hitting rock bottom, helps you see reality. But then through my aged wisdom (I’ll be 29 on Aug 22!) I realize life can bring about several rock bottoms so you just need to accept that its a journey.

Take it easy!

3. MamaV's Significant Other says:

Hey, babe,

Wishful thinking, I think you meant 39, not 29! We both turn 39 this month. And oh shit, I’d take 39 over 29 any day of the week. (hey, we didn’t have our babies back then).

Love you.

4. Smudgeruk says:

Haha, I was trying to do the maths of you being 29 soon… I mean, I know they start models young, but damn! 😀 I know what you mean about there being a series of rock bottoms in life. I suppose it’s the challenges in life that we learn from – life is all about experiences, good and bad, and that’s what makes us what we are, or what we become, to a large extent. And without facing the challenges head on, and learning from them, how will you ever learn just how strong you can be, when put to the test? Just my thoughts… Take care everyone. X

5. Mrs. B. says:

As always, I love your positive heart.

Jes was just here and showed us a video that she and her sisters made and posted to YouTube. Hysterical.

She’s doing so well, everyone. Tomorrow she starts back at school. Live your lives. Laugh. Believe in yourselves. You can walk free.

6. gpsmama says:

Hey MamaV,

I come to your site often, but have never commented before, just wanted to say that this post was something I needed today, so thank you so much! I find myself looking for something these days that’s somewhat inspiring and the words in your post today gave me some inspiration and a little motivation as well to make positive changes for myself. Thanks again, and I hope time will allow you to keep up with your site.

7. mamavision says:

Hi Mrs. B: So nice to hear from you. Can we see Jes’s video or is it private?

I hope you are well, and looking forward to better times.

Take care,

PS I may tap on you for some help, I think I am going to start blogging on the “flip side,” that being – speaking to mothers in addition to girls. The knowledge I have gained from listening to the girls here for the past two years, I believe I can turn into some good. What do you think of this idea?

8. mamavision says:

I AM 39 tomorrow!! And proud it! Don’t know why I typed 29 above…funny my husband caught it. :)

Never, ever be ashamed of your age. Stand up and shout it from the rooftops. With age comes wisdom and a sense of peace that I wouldn’t change for anything.

9. twistsis says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Technically I guess it was yesterday but I couldnt get online much, so its a belated birthday message.

10. Lisa says:

Hey, mamaV!
    I love all of these quotes and I think that they send messages of inspiration.
    I have not had the chance to fill my head with good things because my eating disorder rarely lets me get a word in. ED doesn’t stop talking. However, I am working on it and I am trying to say at least 3 positive things and hopefully this will shut ED up! Your posts really help me. They help more than you will ever know!!

11. Tina says:

Okay this is me cramming my head with positive thoughts: :-) :-) :-) thank you, I needed that, especially today!

And happy belated birthday!