Who said?

I love Hannah Montana. Not afraid to admit it.

My daugther and I saw the Hannah Montana Concert Movie in 3D  on Thursday (with the funky glasses and all), and it was a blast. Not only is this girl a great performer, her message is clear – believe in yourself.

“Who Said” is my favorite, and even as a 38 year old career woman I listen to it after I’ve had a bad day in the shark invested business world, to remind me who I am and why I am here.

If you are not using music as therapy, I highly recommend you try it. The right lyrics and melodies can transcent you from your low down funk to a place high above the static and help you refocus on your goals.

Best place to start? The library, gather up a bunch of artists to try, for free, load them on your ipod and drift away.

MamaV’s Greatest Hits

American Idiot, Green Day

Be Here Now, Mason Jennings

Idiot Wind, Dylan

One, Mary J. Blige & U2

Sari, Nellie McKay

Whatever People Say I Am That’s What I Am Not, Arctic Monkeys (for you Vanessa)

Suddenly I see, KD Tunstall

Walking Contradiction, Green Day

First Day Of My Life, Bright Eyes

I Had Lost My Mind, Daniel Johnston

What songs motivate you to be the best you can be?

Your life is now. Don’t miss a moment.

This entry was posted in Self Esteem and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Who said?

1. Jamie says:

Music is my ONLY therapy! :)
    Here’s my list..

Better Day by Saving Jane

This ones for the girls by Martina McBride

Alive by Becki Ryan

Wild Horses by Natasha Bedingfield

Weight of the world by Chantal Kreviazuk

It Gets better by Jo Dee Messina

Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood

Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

Wake up by Hilary Duff

Fly by Hilary Duff

Why Not by Hilary Duff

Frantic by Jamie O’Neal

Not Going Down by Jo Dee Messina

The Impossible by Joe Nichols (my future husband LOL..I wish!)

Life Don’t have to mean a thing by Joe Nichols

LIfe Goes on by Leann Rimes

Suddenly by Leann Rimes

And the list goes on and on and on LOL

2. Jamie says:

Oh and 2 more…LOL
    If your going through hell by Rodney Atkins

Survior by Reba McEntire

3. Hannah says:

Ermm..that is an Arctic Monkeys ALBUM not a TRACK.
    Very good album, but hardly feel good.
    But yeah..it’s not a song

4. Lea says:

Classical, musical and movie tunes for me.
    Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No.5, 2nd movement or, well, the whole thing really
    Tchaikovky’s First Piano and Violin concertos.
    Mozart’s piano concertos (any and all of them)
    Mendelssohn and Bruch’s violin concertos
    Music of the Night, All I Ask Of You and most impressing Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
    Die unstillbare Gier and Total Eclipse of the Heart from “Dance of the Vampires”
    Perhaps Love (I only know of the version by John Denver and Placido Domingo)
    Love Changes Everything from Aspects of Love
    Someone Else’s Star by Bryan White
    The Soft Goodbye by Celtic Woman
    Beethoven’s Waldstein Sonata, Pathétique and the final movement of the Moonshine Sonata
    Gluck’s Trumpet Concerto
    Sakura, Prince of Tennis anime ending song

Err… tons and tons of tunes I haven’t mentioned but are similar to the above as in carrying a wonderful, remarkable and melodic tune.

Does it show that I have a strong background in classical music? It’s still the most soothing to me as no bass notes grate on my ears and no shrill voice wails about injustice (I don’t like opera or vocal music (single voice accompanied, a capella except for choirs, ensembles of less than 20 singers without background music) on CD. I love watching live opera performances, though)- music, to me, is my ultimate sanctuary. Putting on my headphones and singing at the top of my voice while hammering the accompaniment into the keyboard of my piano lets the world fall away for a few precious seconds (well it does that ever since I quit the competition cycles).

5. Amber/vanity900/cult66623 says:

my gram saw her in a parade in disney world, i dont like the music but she is very kind to her fans, she got off the float to talk to this little girl. so sweet!

6. Limafan says:

Hannah Montana will be topless on a magazine in 3 years…No doubt in my mind! Enjoy the annoying little brat while you can.

any and every song by tupac
    A Dream – Common
    Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat) -Digable Planets
    The Whole World – Outkast
    Gabriel- lamb
    The Girl From Ipanema – Astrud Gilberto
    Crank Dat Soulja Boy
    Damn- young bloods ft lil john
    Wonderful Life – Gwen Stefani
    Cupid’s Chokehold- Gym Class Heroes
    They- JEM
    White Tee- Dem Franchize Boyz

Theres a million songs I love.

7. mamavision says:

Hi Hannah: LOL on your comment. Vanessa is going to rip me a new one.

I was sitting with my family this morning listening to tunes and I remembered this young cashier the day before heard me listening to Green Day and she told me to try Arctic Monkeys. So I looked it up on YouTube and liked the title and posted what I thought was the song.

Anyway, I’m a dork, thanks for correcting me.

8. mamavision says:

Hey LimaFan: Trust me I am thinking the same thing, and praying this one stays straight. But seriously, how the hell could you in Hollywood? That place is a disease.

9. Sass1948 says:

Of late…
    Passive, A Perfect Circle (grief therapy)
    Living for the Weekend, Hard Fi (career pressure therapy)
    No Man’s Woman, Sinead O’Connor (love life pressure therapy)
    Stars All Seem To Weep, Beth Orton (grief therapy)
    Anna Molly, Incubus (love life pressure therapy)
    Jump, Madonna (career pressure therapy)
    What You Waiting For, Gwen Stefani (career pressure therapy)
    Weight of the World, Evanescence (career pressure therapy)

hmm, after writing this out…i see i’ve been dealing with grief & love life…but reeally need to focus energy career now, which i have been, but i think more so now. gonna give it all now yey, always a great frame of mind to be in.

10. Josie says:

I do like this post :)
    (savour it MV..!!!!!!! ….kidding ;))

We’ve all got our escape, our therapy. But if we haven’t we should find it. MV finds hers in cheesy pop(!), Paige in religion, Lea in classical music, and me in art.

I can’t remember commenting much recently, but if i have i want to apologise in case i’ve rubbed any feathers up the wrong way. Had quite a psychotic (in the literal sense of the word) suicidal phase, and i’ve been all over the place. Came to a head when i threatened someone at college with a knife and nearly lost my college place. Starting to even out now my psychiatrist has drugged me up more, and now i’ve got to that stage where i’m looking back on the last 2-3 weeks and thinking “woah, what have i done?!?!”.
    So yeah, if i have said anything, i’m sorry.

11. Vanessa says:

people are definitely inspired by different things. for me angry music puts me in a good mood, instead of the kind of pop stuff that does it for mamaV. a good example, apart from arctic monkeys, is “white america” by eminem. listening to that song and the album it’s on makes me want to run out and kick some ass!

lately i’ve been listening to the del the funky homosapien album “deltron 3030” a lot, which is rap but more whimsical than the angriest examples of rap. since i’m a sci-fi nerd and love rap music it’s the perfect album for me!

12. Heidi says:

It’s a great day to be alive-Travis Tritt
    This one’s for the girls-Martina McBride
    Keep Holding On-Avril Lavigne

Just a few that I can think of that keep me going on my down days.

13. Abby says:

Whenever I need a good pick-me-up, I put on my “Good Mix” on my iPod. Judging by the play count, the songs that get me feeling the best are:
    Add It Up – Violent Femmes
    Extraordinary Machine – Fiona Apple
    Every Thing’s Just Wonderful – Lily Allen
    Ape Man – the Kinks
    I Want to Break Free – Queen
    and You’re My Best Friend – Queen

They make me feel good :3

14. MotherLove says:

YouTube – BarlowGirl – Grey

my fave right now….
    Inspires me to tell the truth and Put God first.

15. MotherLove says:

Grey’s my favorite color
    Black and white has never been my thing
    I’ll take my drink lukewarm now
    Hot and cold is not the thing for me

Absolutes are hidden
    I’ve buried my convictions

I cannot be blind no more
    Numb to what I’m living for
    Help me stop this compromise that justifies these lies
    I need Your passion in this life

I don’t want to impose
    Who really needs to know what I believe
    Cause no one likes rockin’ boats
    And who would care to see the way I see

So give me the fire, yeah
    God give me Your fire
    And raise this life higher

16. imogen says:

Same as Abby…
    Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple

“If there was a better way to go then it would find me
    I can’t help it, the road just rolls out behind me
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I’ll make the most of it, I’m an extraordinary machine”

17. Laura says:

although i usually find my therapy in music, there is one other thing that makes everything better: children’s books.
    Here is my therapy:

Prayer for the 21st Century

May the road be free for the journey,
    May it lead where it promised it would,
    May the stars that gave ancient bearings
    Be seen, still be understood
    May every aircraft fly safely,
    May every traveler be found,
    May sailors in crossing the ocean
    Not hear the cries of the drowned
    May gardens be wild, like jungles,
    May nature never be tamed,
    May dangers create of us heroes,
    May fears always have names,
    May the mountains stand to remind us,
    Of what it mean to be young
    May we be outlived by our daughters,
    May we be outlived by our sons
    May the bombs rust away in the bunkers,
    And the doomsday clock not be rewound
    May the solitary scientists, working
    Remember the holes in the ground
    May the knife remain in the holder,
    May the bullet stay in the gun,
    May those who live in the shadows
    Be seen by those in the sun
    ~John Marsden, Prayer for the 21st century

18. ukchick says:

deffo everythings just wonderful by lilly allen and hero by superchic[k] and irish music i love irish music nd shes soo lovely by scouting for girls. music is the nly thing that keeps me going atm.

19. jj says:

Just wondering if you had heard the reports about the girl who plays Hannah having disordered eating habits. She is semi-ED from reports I have read. Could be rumor, but could also be very true.

Adults depending on children for paychecks is wrong, in my eyes. In 10 years, she’ll be like Britney Spears – confused and a mess. Why not take part in community theater until they are grown up? Oh, thats right…because then they won’t make anyone rich.