Josie, Joey, whatever her name, we love you!

There’s a regular here named Josie, sometimes Joey, many of you know and love her as I do.

She has created an awesome recovery site that I would like to recommend to you, let’s call it Josie’s Home. This girl has got a great head on her shoulders, so read her words of wisdom.

Next up, college! Three days away and time is ticking. This means a whole new phase of life, so please wish Josie the best of luck in her new adventure.

Then there is Prime, her boyfriend. This guy is one of the only, brave, male souls who shows his face around here. Gotta love him.

And finally, and most importantly, Josie has won her struggle with depression.  She has officially recovered.

Wow! What a year.

I wish the best for you Josie, there’s no stopping you now.

-mamaV

This entry was posted in Random Thoughts. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Josie, Joey, whatever her name, we love you!

1. Michelle says:

That’s AWESOME! I’m so excited for her.
    Specially going to college.
    I’m off to college in 19 days and I am so excited yet scared!

Good luck Josie in everything that you do!

2. Rose says:

Well done josie! I know i’ll be on your site a lot and thank you so much for putting effort into this, I’m sure it’ll change teh lives of hundreds of grils for the better!

with love

Rose

3. Jane says:

Way to go Joey :o)

You are an incredable person and have achieved soooo much in the short time I have known you (you even got your own post here lol!!) Seriously hun, well done, you have come a long way since the 30day pro ana fast :o) Very proud of you!

Good luck for college hun! Im sure you will have an amazing time :oD Keep up the prorecovery site, its so rare to come across one, let alone a good one!

Love you always hunny x x x x x

4. Sass1948 says:

Brilliant site Josie – really loved reading it. It’s one of the first ones to give any info on “chew/spit” something am still hooked on aaarrggh!

Thanks x

5. Vanessa says:

congratulations and good luck at school, Josie! definitely liked the site a lot, i’ll probably check it out even more then next time i’m feeling nostalgic for recovery.

btw to all you critical thinkers, i put a new blog up this morning dealing with the whole issue of whether or not informing more parents about proana will do anything helpful. i say “no!” is anyone surprised?

6. Nats says:

Joey!!!

I love you hunny! You are trully an inspiration to all of us! I am sooo happy for you!
    You are gonna be great at college! You are going to meet amazing people and be happy! Enjoy it babe! The depression has made you miss out on enough, do not let it ruin this for you!.

Keep in touch babe love you always and ill never forget you or Prime!

Nats
    xoxoxox

7. Josie (Joey) says:

Oh goodness… i feel all glowy, in an embarrassed/happy/proud/unsure way! Thankyou so much <<<3

8. mamavision says:

Hi my friend: I thought I would tell the story of our beginnings….Josie and I didn’t exactly get along. Is that accurate?

Actually we were like polar opposites, but we listened to each other, respected each other, and agree to disagree to this day.

What a wonderful friendship. It’s not always about seeing eye to eye, and if you open yourself up to differing opinions, you just might learn something.

I, for one, have learned a heck of a lot from you Josie. I am thankful to have you in my life.

Love,
    me

9. Kristin says:

Josie, you are an inspiration!!!!!!
    I’ve read your site, and I’m more determined to recover. Really helped motivate me + your kindness comes from a beautiful heart.
    *applause*

luv Kris!!

10. Josie (Joey) says:

“didn’t exactly get along” … no i was furious!! Hahahaaa
    …and i still like disagreeing with you now, because i know you can take criticism without taking it personally, which is awesome.

I feel kindof…honoured… i guess is the word, that you learnt a lot from me. Doesn’t happen much with 19-year-olds.

11. Elle says:

Congrats Josie! And thanks MamaV for posting it.

Josie is a great influence to have hear, and a voive to always listen to.