Undercover Video: Too skinny models will soon fade to nothing.

mamaV goes undercover!

Back in January, The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) issued a “health initiative” meant to demonstrate their commitment to change in the modeling industry.

The CFDA assembled a committee to lead educational efforts, awareness programs, support systems, and evaluation and treatment options that will advance their recommendations.

It has been 4 months….let’s see the progress that has been made

Tick, tock. I’ll be back.

-mamaV

This entry was posted in Eating Disorders. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Undercover Video: Too skinny models will soon fade to nothing.

1. Autumn says:

Great undercover video!! hehe
    Maybe I should do the same here in Milan! They had the same initiative here a few months ago. But judging from what I see walking around and from what my boyfriend has told me he has seen in go sees and jobs (he is modeling in Milan), nothing has changed.

2. Lana says:

They don’t give a crap about the model’s health. They just want moneymoneymoney for their overpriced clothing. The model is simply a walking clothes hanger that can look pretty with a dead-looking face.

I love how they acted like they had revolutionized the industry with that health iniciative. They’re acting like a kid who’ll promise to take care of a dog if they can get one. They just say it so they can seem like they’re responsible.

3. LG says:

Heya,

I’ve been quietly reading your blog for a few months now…thanks so much for speaking out about eating disorders.

4. Melissa says:

Lol, how sneaky!

I love the way you smirked at the camera while you were waiting for them to give you the info. xD

You rock, Mama! ♥

-♥-Melissa

5. vachon says:

I saw your youtube video in support of proananation this evening. I am 52 years old and have struggled with these issues my whole life. Your kindness, warmth and truth in the video was inspiring and I hope many of the young people you are addressing find it.

Good to be here.

6. This is unrelated to the video, but I love your bracelet. :)
    (Oh, and in relation to your video.. good idea.. and its a shame no progress has been made, if it ever will.)

7. Ephena says:

Everyone has heard the phrase you can never be to thin. But, alas you can be too thin as it turns out. anorexia and eating disorders are a huge problem. It is good to see the trend move toward models of a normal and healthy body weight.

8. Pingback: OH SO COCO! I love this chick. | mamaVISION voice of reason for eating disorder sufferers

9. Pingback: Calling All Stalkers | Eating Disorder Resource Anorexia Bulimia Help