Time for Janice Dickinson to hang it up.

Self-proclaimed first supermodel, Janice Dickinson, doesn’t pull any punches which I certainly respect her for. But this time she is completely over the top with her commentary about anorexics.

“I’m dying to find kids who are too thin. I’ve got 42 models in my agency and I’m trying to get them to lose weight. In fact, I wish they’d come down with some anorexia. I’m not kidding. “

What a class act. I am sure her two children are quite proud of their mother seen here flipping off the media, and spouting off like some sailor.

The star of her own show, The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency, she heads into season two, thanks to high ratings the first go around. Not suprising since Americans can’t get enough of out of control celebs, acting like total morons. We eat this stuff up so they keep on feeding the machine.

I am surprised though that Dickinson airs on the Oxygen Network, one that touts Oprah co-founder.

So what gets into celebrities that they are so totally out of touch with reality and compassion, that they simply do not care what they say, how they say it, and who is affected as a result?

Fame is a scary thing. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

This entry was posted in Fashion Freaks. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Time for Janice Dickinson to hang it up.

1. kay says:

hey mama v,

I think this is utterly rediculous and hilarious at the same time…this is where the hilarity comes in. I have read both of her books (I was surprised, they were actually good) she spells out, her turbulent modeling years and what methods (starving, purging) she used to stay slim. She spoke of meeting pres. Reagan at a white house gala, and almost fainting on the president when she met him, because all she had eaten that week was water and the top of a muffin. Or the photo shoot where she and beverly johnson ate a cake and then went as janice said “tossed their cookies”

Given that she is “affiliated” with what we eating disorder sufferes go through on a daily basis, i find it highly disturbing, and quite frankly irresponsible for her to say such things. I would never “wish” this on anyone, not even my ex-best friend whom i despise. Sorry for the rant, but this completely showcases what we have allowed our country to celebrate..tell me that doesn’t look like lindsay lohan in a couple of years. LOL

2. Laura says:

I tried to post this, didn’t work the first time…

I saw this today and it made me nauseous….So I screengrabbed it.

3. karma says:

I think she often spouts off things for the sensationalistic penchant she obviously ‘suffers’ from…anything to get attention. It’s quite sad. I do not think she truly realizes the impact of what she says. As long as it shocks, then she’s satisfied and to hell with the consequences (personal or not). She’s a ball-sy woman but in striving to maintain that image, she often pushes the envelope and careens headlong into a pathetic sort of parody…

4. Jessica says:

don’t get me wrong, i love janice dickinson, and her show, but who the hell is she to say someone is too fat! I think it’s awful, awful that she’s willing to allow girls with anorexia into her agency, ridiculous, does she realize the hell men and women go through because people like her can’t keep their mouthes shut! This issue ticks me off. I read the same thing in Seventeen and went on a rant about it at school, It’s just absolutely ridiculous that someone coul say such a thing about someone. Being someone who has struggled with an eating disorder since I was 5 and having it fullblown by the time i was 11, this angers me very much because even i wouldn’t wish the feelings i had and still have on my worst enemy. Never in a million years would I wish this on ANY one. EVER. I just don’t understand how she can be so heartless with such an issue. *sigh* My rant is complete.

5. Melissa says:

What a bitch!

I’ve seen her show once or twice and she really irks me yelling at these thin-thin-THIN girls about how fat they are. Bah, now I’m angry. x.x

Speaking of which, I saw a new article on the wordpress homepage I thought you might want to see. It really bothered me, but I don’t know your email address. This is the link: http://biosingularity.wordpress.com/2007/04/29/exercise-pill-switches-on-gene-that-tells-cells-to-burn-fat/

Tell me what you think. =) mntodd89@yahoo.com

Always hanging on every word!

6. Joey says:

Only a few minutes ago i was in floods of tears because one of my girls has reached a body mass index of 12.5 – her organs are going to shut down within the next couple of weeks…and then i read this….and i’m furious.
    How can someone possibly say such a heartless disgusting thing?!! The pain and suffering an anorexic goes through is unbelievable. The association between anorexia and thinness/beauty/attractiveness needs to be broken. Anorexia is not attractive. I’m not even anorexic anymore but due to vitamin deficiency in the last few weeks sores have broken out over my face – they crack and bleed when i yawn. Added to lank hair, fainting, weakness, blueish lips, pallor, incontinence – not beautiful, not something for the catwalk.

The girl Laura screenshotted the post of is interesting. She’s quite psychotic, and fasts for spiritual/cleansing reasons, which i’ll never understand.

7. Gina says:

Okay she is just fucking sick!
    Does she not understand anorexicia!??
    People dieee.
    That’s horrible. Why in the hell would you wish that disgusting disease on someone…which takes years and effecort to recover.

That pisses me off she’s such a bitch!

8. Shelley says:

I do not like Janice Dickenson she just needs to get off the air.

9. Alice says:

WHAT A B-I-T-C-H.
    had to be said.
    i read an interview of hers i cosmopolitan (U.K version) she may send peoples food down toliets but atleast we don’t get what we say out of one.
    In the interview she talks about sylvester stalones penis, “like an evian bottle” apparantly (apparantly this “information” was accompanied by hand gestures-yay!) but given her perceptions of size you have to wonder don’t you.
    There’s actually too much of a rant for me to even start
    sounds like she’s just jealous of the fact that they have chances she doesn’t have anymore, even if she does have loads of money.

10. hagar says:

when i read what she said i atually gave a little gasp.
    omg. wow. i always liked janice because she was honest and crazy.
    but this is just plain out MEAN and STUPID and just… not emotionally caring and stuff like that.

11. kayla says:

wat the heck i want them to get anorexia?????? thats messed up

12. maddison says:

Janice needs to grow up. Models are influencial to teens like myself and saying she wants her models to have anorexia is like saying she wants a whole generation to be anorexic because they will see being that thin is perfection, when its not. bones are ugly, thats why we were blessed with a little body fat to cover them up!

13. robin says:

leave my mother alone, anorexic, walking skeletons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or i`ll kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Lisa says:

janice is a fricken ass for saying this
    i hope she gets whats coming to her

lovin every bit of it mamaV!

15. Liam says:

What’s wrong with this woman. I’m not sure if she was joking or not but anorexia is a very serious problem to have. It hinders almost every bodily function that you can think of. Furthermore, in order to reproduce, women should have at least 20% fat. Anything under can inhibit the ability.