Death of the Ramos sisters

The tragic death of the Ramos sisters is the topic of Chasing Beauty this week. Iliana, the 18 year old sister of Luisel Ramos, 21 followed in the anorexic footsteps of her sister. Models, anorexics, heart attacks take their life just six months apart.

pdcstchasingbeauty.jpg

Here more about it on Chasing Beauty Podcast,cbplaybutn_1_3.jpg click here to play.

Download from ITunes here.

This entry was posted in Lost Lives, Model Misery. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Death of the Ramos sisters

1. Danyel says:

maybe i’m retarded but when i try to open it it says unknown filetype

2. Niika says:

Hey there,

I thought you might be interested in reading this article… I thought it was very good:

3. mamavision says:

Hi Niika: Awesome article, just read it. Thanks for sending it my way.

4. If its not too much to ask can I have your email? I really want to talk to you, but obviously am not gonna pour my heart out on a public blog …. I already feel kinda panicky to an extent about what Ive said in past comments and they were pretty generic…

If you don’t want to give it to me, I understand…

5. Danyel says:

Miss hearing from you. Been a minute, huh. Hurry back

6. Dave says:

Guys, if you actually read the coroners report, they didn’t die from anorexia, they died from a shared hereditary heart condition. Medical reports dismiss their weight as a factor in the deaths. The whole thing has been ludicrously beaten up by the media who love these ‘models starving to death’ stories.

7. mamavision says:

Hi Dave: Can you please direct me to the coroners report you refer to above? I googled this and did not find it. The only information I found pertaining to a coroners report is that it would take 1 month to complete, and seeing that Iliana died just two weeks ago, her’s would still be outstanding.

Honestly, I hope you are indeed correct in your statement, but I will believe it when I see it.
    -mamaVISION

8. mamavision says:

Hi All: Sorry for the lack of Podcasts as of late, I took a little Hiatus from blogging and podcasting….my job responsibilities are heavy and my family comes next.

Also, in all honesty, I needed a little breather. After the Internet Suicide post, I felt like I needed some time to absorb everything I learned.

I’ll be back in the swing soon.
    -mamaVISION

9. Danyel says:

Just good to see you pop by!

10. Kazkat says:

Hi Dave,
    Even if they had a hereditary heart condition – which I have ( a type of sudden death syndrome) then I (and the professor in cardiology who treats me) can tell you categorically that starvation, significant weight loss and/or purging will quickly kill anyone with this type of disorder.That’s over and above the risk of death that exists anyway with these behaviours.
    What frequently happens is that death certificates state cause of death as ‘heart failure’ or ‘organ failure’ or ‘pneumonia’ these are causes, but they are secondary to an eating disorder. Deaths from anorexia are under-reported because of this.
    Hope you respond to mamavision’s questions by the way.
    Kazkat

11. sabrina says:

im from uruguay, and i knew them. i went to hugh school with eleana (not iliana) and she wasnt anorexic. they were healthy, naturally thin girls. saying they were anorexic its a bunch of bullcrap. neither of them were anorexic. so, almost a year since eleana’s death, and in behalf of her friends and family, we would like for people to shut up if they dont know what you’re talking about and stop saying they were something they were not. it hurts a lot.
    thanks.