This covers it.

Hi Ana and Mia: Here is a Thinspiration video for you. Sometimes tough love is the way to go girls.

-mamaVISION

This entry was posted in Thinspiration. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to This covers it.

1. kay says:

oh my god,i am crying as i write this. Seeing that it can happen is the scariest thing. I tell myself all the time that i am impervious to damage, my cousin kaelyn died from anorexia, and that still wasn’t enough to shake me. It made it worse, because i felt that she didn’t deserve to die, and i did. But seeing someone describe the hell that she is living with, makes me realize that i need to seriously get better, and actually live a life that has purpose

2. Moascahh says:

Thank you. So much

3. Mandy says:

I have noticed that often when you talk about girls/women with anorexia or bulimia you call them ana or mia. Instead of seeing that these women/ girls are not their eating disorders but have an eating disorder. I think that is part of the problem with having an eating disorder we start to believe we are our eating disorders instead of seeing that it is just that our eating disorder is very loud at certain times.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Take gentle care,

mandy

4. mamavision says:

Good point Mandy. The ED does become louder than the individual doesn’t it?

I say Ana and Mia because my web stats show that is how most new people find my blog- they are typing in some variation of Ana and/or Mia…so this is a way to address everyone. What would be an alternative way to address individuals on these topics?

5. Mandy says:

Maybe saying people struggling with ana or mia. Or some variation on that. I think to help remind people who are struggling that they are not their eating disorders could be a helpful thing. For me when i believed I was my eating disorder I couldn’t recover from it because it was a part of me. When I can separate from it I can fight against it and move into recovery.

Take gentle care,

Mandy

6. Wow! That’s really all I can say. The sad thing is that when you get in so deep, you can’t see it and nothing else matters. It’s sad.

7. Rachel Santana says:

I think its great that you’re doing this. It must have been so hard to have to relive all that. It took a lot of guts. A big thank you for inspiring many girls not to suffer the same fate you did. God Bless

Peace, Love, Empathy

8. Carrie says:

You are very brave and I believe you will help people with your message. I’m in my 30s and had bulemia for years previously but have been healthy for a long time. Still, I always beat myself up about my weight (which is normal!) and can relate to these struggles.

Your message is amazing and I thank you again for the courage you have to tell the your story and persevere each day.

9. Kat says:

From one Kat to another, thanks. I’ve been better over the past year or so, but recently, I’ve been seriously considering doing it all over again. I’m off to college in about a week, so I know it would be so easy to slip back into all my old habits. But hearing you talk about your experiences put things back into perspective for me, and I think I’m going to be okay. So thanks. I have a lot of respect for you and your strength and your clarity. Thank you so much.

Health and happiness,
    Kat

10. Anne says:

To Kat from the video and MamaV, thank you for all you do to try and reach out and help the people who suffer from an eating disorder. I don’t have an eating disorder, but I have struggled for many years with depression and I can definitely relate to the deep self-loathing and hatred many sufferers seem to feel.

Is there a post somewhere that might help those of us who don’t have an eating disorder do more to help those who do? The sight of so many people suffering from this is heartbreaking, and I’m beginning to realize how much the average person doesn’t know about these disorders. Can you point the non-ed’s in the right direction?

11. mamavision says:

Hi Anne: What a caring thought, I have never received a request such as yours! Let’s try this, click on Open Forum at the top of the blog. There you will see various conversations going on daily, most are girls wanting to talk, feeling down and needing a listening ear.

You know, you really don’t have to be an expert in ED’s – I reiterate all the time I am not a professional, just a voice of reason. When you don’t have an ED, the horror of this whole thing is just so much more obvious isn’t it? I feel as you do, I can’t just sit back and watch this- I needed to jump in and help!

So, try the forum, there’s a great group of girls there and I am sure they will appreciate your perspective.

Take care and thanks!
    mamaV

12. Grlzdemon says:

how long does it take 2 happen again?

13. Vivian says:

well, recovered girls can say all this because they had already experimented how to be thin feels, but for us? that we NEVER felt it? it’s not fair…
    we wanna know how does it feel